Alerus Center projects higher profits than Fargodome
The Alerus Center’s projected $440,500 profit is calculated by actual profits through April and budgeted amounts from May through the rest of the year, according to the center’s proposed 2015 budget.
The Alerus Center doesn’t host as many big-name concerts as the Fargodome, but Jorgenson said most of the Alerus Center’s profits come from hosting conventions and meetings.
The city-owned event center in Grand Forks is budgeting for $151,301 in profits for 2015.
The Alerus Center’s top-attended events this year, through June, were:
- Class B Boys Basketball state tournament: 26,400 attendees
- UND Spring Commencement: 6,600
- Grand Forks Men’s Show: 5,206
- Home Design & Garden Show: 5,049
- Central and Red River high school graduations: 5,000
- Wiz Khalifa at UND Spring Jam: 4,802
- Monster trucks show: 4,756
- Easter Egg Scramble: 4,500
- Healthy Living Expo: 4,098