Forum treasure hunt starts Thursday on first day of Downtown Street Fair
FARGO – The start of the three-day Downtown Fargo Street Fair on Thursday also marks the return of The Forum’s eighth annual treasure hunt.
So get out your walking shoes, hit the streets and win $500 if you find the Northern Plains Coins token hidden somewhere in downtown Fargo.
Here’s how it works:
- The Forum will hide one Northern Plains Coins token each day of the fair, starting Thursday. Tokens will be hidden in a spot accessible to the public and somewhere between the boundaries of Sixth Avenue North and Sixth Avenue South; the Red River to the east and 10th Street on the west, north of Main Avenue; and Seventh Street to the west, south of Main Avenue.
- Read The Forum each day for the first clue to help find that day’s coin. Additional clues will be given online each day at http://coin.areavoices.com and during “The Christopher Gabriel Program,” which airs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on WDAY AM 970. If the coin still is unclaimed, the final clue will be given on “The Jay Thomas Show” between 2 and 5 p.m. on AM 970. At 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday, the second and third clues will be found online at Inforum.com.
- Go downtown and start looking. Coins will be hidden well, but no digging, dumping, destroying or trespassing will be necessary to find the coin. Please respect the business owners and residents of downtown Fargo during your search.
- You’ll also be able to follow the Northern Plains Coins token hunt via Twitter. Just keep tabs on @Inforum for the latest updates. We will let the public know if the coin is found as soon as we are informed of it being turned in.
- If you find the coin, return it by 5 p.m. to The Forum, 101 5th St. N. You can then redeem it at Northern Plains Coins, 2425 Main Ave., for $500 worth of gold that the store will buy back, if desired. Your name, photo and the story of how you found the coin will be published in the next day’s Forum.