Von Pinnon: Six new members join Forum Readers Board
Meet the six new members of The Forum's Readers Board. They join seven returning members whose terms expire in December.
Members stay on for a year, but terms are staggered by a half-year. The news agency's community sounding board chooses its own successors.
We want to thank departing members whose terms expired in June: Kirby Anderson, Aaron Feickert, Kevin Tobosa and Betsy Vinz.
New members are:
- Joe Allen, 62, of Moorhead, works for Sanford Medical Center. He earned an associate degree in practical nursing, and master's degrees in mechanical engineering and business administration. He is married and has two grown children and two grandchildren. He has lived in the area since 2001.
- Josepha Danz, 26, of Fargo, is a manager of Zandbroz Variety. She is a graduate of Concordia College, where she majored in French and business marketing. She is single and has lived in the area for 20 years.
Returning members are:
- Timothy Dirks, 49, of Fargo, is the director of the Fargo Public Library. He earned a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in library and information science from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee as well as a master's degree of public administration from the University of Colorado-Denver. He moved here in 2008 with his wife and three daughters.
- Peter Fendt, 59, of Fargo, owns Quality Bakery with his wife, Marcene. He also serves as a member of Valley Water Rescue. Fendt was born in Germany but has lived in Fargo since age 2. He has two daughters.
- Susan J. Johnson, 67, of Fargo, is a retired speech therapist and teacher. She earned her bachelor's degree from NDSU. She recently moved here from Valley City, N.D., with her husband, Stan. The couple has three sons and five grandchildren.
- Brent Larson, 57, of Moorhead, recently retired as a high school English teacher for Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton Public Schools. He is married and has two children attending college. He has lived in the area all his life.
- Jay Nelson, 54, of Fargo, is a commercial real estate agent at Konrad Olson Commercial Real Estate and a former restaurateur. He is married with two adult children and has lived in the area most of his life.
- Carmen Wald, 26, of Fargo, is a technical writer for Appareo Systems. She earned degrees in English and journalism from NDSU. She is married and has lived in the area for more than seven years.
- Brenda Warren, 59, of West Fargo, is director of procurement for National Hospitality Services. She attended Concordia College, Santa Monica (Calif.) College and Minnesota State Community and Technical College. Warren was born in Ada, Minn., and has lived in the area most of her life. She is married and has three children.
Von Pinnon is editor of The Forum. Reach him at (701) 241-5579 or on Twitter at @inforumed