Street Fair serves up something new
FARGO - The Downtown Fargo Street Fair kicks off its three-day run Thursday.
Fair food is one of the biggest draws of the event, with visitors looking for old favorites and new tastes. Most of the vendors will be located on Second Avenue North to the east and west of Broadway.
Here’s a look at some of the tasty offerings at this year’s Street Fair.
- Seattle-style hot dogs (slathered in cream cheese) at Bronson’s Concessions.
- Top Dog Hot Dog offers a blue cheese hot dog.
- Midwest Concessions offers twists on standard fair fare with mac & cheese on a stick, s’mores on a stick, deep-fried cheesecake and fried banana bites.
- Miller Concessions has three stands, one featuring a bacon-wrapped corn dog, another with ranch, Cajun, jalapeno and bacon-flavored cheese curds and the other with funnel cakes, like a red velvet cake.
- The Rolling Yo serves up frozen yogurt with syrup and candy toppings.
- Carolina Catering boasts barbecue nachos and Southern-fried catfish.
- Lush Lola’s dishes up the most intriguingly-named barbecue sandwiches, the Drunken Pig, Slathered Pig, Drunken Squealer, Slop Bucket and Tipsy Cow.
- Milk Haus scoops up specialty flavored push-up ice cream pops, like brown sugar bacon, cilantro lime and sweet corn.
- The Forum and the Underwood Lions team up again today-only for grilled pork chops.
Feed your hunger for something more cultural than culinary with one of the performances the fair offers up each day.
Crowds will gather at the corner of Second Avenue North and Broadway for previews to live performances in the community.
- The Gooseberry Park Players sing from its production of, “The Sound of Music” at noon today.
- Spotlight on Youth brings “Tarzan” to the street at 5:30 p.m. today and Friday and 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Experience Blur presents the song and dance of “The Great Gatsby” at 12:45 today and 12:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Scheels is hitting the street with a bike obstacle course on Third Avenue North. The event features a free bike safety check and helmet fitting. Then cool off with the misting tent between Second and Third avenues.