HOUSE FIRE: Man injured in house fire in Georgetown, Minn.UPDATED 3:22 p.m.
GEORGETOWN, Minn. - A man was seriously injured in a house fire here this afternoon, said Clay County Sheriff Bill Bergquist.
By: Staff report, INFORUM
UPDATED 3:22 p.m.
GEORGETOWN, Minn. - A man was seriously injured in a house fire here this afternoon, Clay County Sheriff Bill Bergquist said.
Bergquist said he had to physically pull the man from the house as the man was trying to put out the fire with a garden hose.
The injured man, identified as Mike Trapp, was transported about 3 p.m. by LifeFlight helicopter to MeritCare Hospital in Fargo. His wife, who was home at the time, also was taken to the hospital for observation.
Moorhead, Dilworth and Georgetown fire departments responded to the report of a fire in a single-story, rambler-style house at 604 Highway 75 N. in Georgetown, shortly after 2 p.m. today.
The fire started as the man was filling a kerosene heater, Bergquist said.
The blaze was quickly contained, and the house was still smoking slightly at 3 p.m.
The man suffered serious burns to his legs, Bergquist said.