Mayville hospital merging with Fargo-based MeritCareMAYVILLE, N.D. – Union Hospital in Mayville will merge with Fargo-based MeritCare Health System, according to a news release issued by MeritCare.
By: Forum staff reports, INFORUM
MAYVILLE, N.D. – Union Hospital in Mayville will merge with Fargo-based MeritCare Health System, according to a news release issued by MeritCare.
The release said Union Hospital board directors voted unanimously on the change, and signed a formal agreement Friday to officially merge Jan. 1.
The agreement means the two will merge including land, equipment, facilities and inventory. The partnership will facilitate the building of a new clinic, connected to the hospital, to be completed in the fall of 2010, the release said.
While MeritCare’s current merger negotiations with Sanford Health, based in Sioux Falls, S.D., were not a factor in these discussions, both are part of a commitment to regional health care, the release said.
In addition, the release said:
- The new name for the hospital has not been finalized.
- All 59 current Union Hospital employees will keep their jobs. All will become MeritCare employees.
- MeritCare doctors and other providers will continue to serve both the clinic and hospital just as they have for many years.
- MeritCare Mayville clinic will move and be co-located at the hospital in a new addition to be built by late fall 2010. The clinic currently has two doctors, a nurse practitioner on staff with a physician assistant to be added soon, along with four doctors providing outreach and 18 employees.
- No immediate changes in services; all current medical care will continue.
For updates, check back with www.inforum.com and read Tuesday’s Forum for the full story.