The AreaVoices community gets its Irish on with some St. Patty's Day bloggingThat greenish feeling in the air isn't just spring trying to push its way through the tundra. Today is St. Patrick's Day! Here are some links to AreaVoices Blogs on all things Blarney.
By: AreaVoices.com, INFORUM
That greenish feeling in the air isn't just spring trying to push its way through the tundra. Today is St. Patrick's Day! Here are some links to AreaVoices Blogs on all things Blarney.
- Modern-Day Jane says a a leprechaun invaded her family's house last St. Patrick’s Day, and it sounds like the little guy may be coming back. She also links to a fun recipe. Read Now if there was only a touch of green outside
- Try a lighter version of the classic Patty's Day meal thanks to Arlene Coco's Prairie Kitchen. Check out "Entertaining at Home: Corned Beef and Cabbage Menu Makeover
- Justine Wettschreck of the Daily Globe in Worthington waxes emotional about the McDonald's Shamrock Shake at the Dirty Laundary blog.
- The Grand Forks Herald Newspapers in Education programs offers some insight on St. Patrick and some of the Irish icons. Read Shamrocks, saints and shillelaghs
- St. Patrick gets some competition from Finland folk hero (sorta) St. Urho. Read "St. Urho’s Day – have you ever heard of it?"
- Looking for a St. Patrick's Day recipe? Check out "Irish meets Danish in these Aebleskivers"