Rumored celebrity prenuptial agreementsCelebrities make headlines for merely going to the grocery store, and they especially make headlines when sweet love goes sour. From monetary demands to cheating clauses, rumored celebrity prenups are in a class all their own.
By: Anna G. Larson, INFORUM
Celebrities make headlines for merely going to the grocery store, and they especially make headlines when sweet love goes sour. From monetary demands to cheating clauses, rumored celebrity prenups are in a class all their own.
- One of the most recent headline-making breakups is that of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise. Holmes is said to earn $3 million for each year she was married to Cruise. Some reports said this rumor is just that – a rumor, and Holmes will receive next to nothing.
The actress is, however, reportedly pushing to receive child support from Cruise and full custody of their 6-year-old daughter Suri, TMZ.com and TheHollywoodGossip.com both reported.
- If Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom split, Kardashian reportedly receives $500,000 for each year they’re married, $25,000 a month in spousal support, their house, a new car at the end of every lease cycle, a $5,000 monthly shopping budget, a $1,000 monthly beauty budget and season courtside Lakers tickets for her whole family, according to www.upi.com and www.foresightlegal.com.
- Newser.com reports that Catherine Zeta-Jones will allegedly make $5 million if Michael Douglas cheats on her. Zeta-Jones would also make $2.8 million for every year of marriage. The couple has been married since 2000. If their union goes south this year, Zeta-Jones would acquire $33.6 million.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie – whose engagement was confirmed by Pitt’s representative April 13 – reportedly signed an agreement before their biological daughter Shiloh was born. The agreement ensures Jolie maintains custody of all the kids if the couple splits up, according to nakedlaw.avvo.com.
- Marie Claire reports that Roseanne Barr fired her attorney for suggesting she make a prenup for her marriage to Tom Arnold in 1990. The couple divorced, and Arnold walked away with $50 million.
- Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren’s prenup supposedly specified that Nordegren would receive $20 million dollars if they remained married for at least 10 years. Woods’ multiple infidelities surfaced after six years of marriage, and Nordegren demanded that the prenup be rewritten. She reportedly received $750 million dollars, and a promise that Woods never let their children near any of his girlfriends, according to www.upi.com.
- In 1995, John Kerry and Teresa Heinz Kerry signed a prenup to protect Heinz’s $500 million fortune. Heinz is the widow of Heinz Company heir Sen. H. John Heinz III. The agreement made Kerry the first presidential candidate who signed a prenup, Esquire reported.
- Steven Spielberg and Amy Irving were married from 1985 to 1989, and Spielberg allegedly wrote their prenup on a cocktail napkin. A judge threw out the napkin, and Irving received a $100 million payout. No worries though – Spielberg’s fortune is estimated at $2.7 billion, according to Forbes.