Unusual ingredients combine for Rhombus Guys’ pizza contestFARGO – A unique new menu at Rhombus Guys Pizza here is letting customers have their say. A pizza contest, which has been running since mid-January and will continue until Feb. 28, features a separate menu of nine new pizzas created by diners available to order.
By: Sam Benshoof, INFORUM
FARGO – A unique new menu at Rhombus Guys Pizza here is letting customers have their say.
A pizza contest, which has been running since mid-January and will continue until Feb. 28, features a separate menu of nine new pizzas created by diners available to order.
These aren’t your standard recipes though. Every ingredient possible, from garlic alfredo to anchovies, can be found on the contestants’ pies.
At the end of the month, the restaurant’s staff will tally up the pizza orders, and the most popular pizza among diners will be added to the regular menu.
More than 50 people submitted recipes through email and Facebook. Rhombus Guys owners and managers then narrowed the list to the nine finalists, said General Manager Ian Dickmeyer.
So far the contest popular with from diners, Dickmeyer says.
“It’s been successful,” he says. “A lot of the pizzas are combinations people would never think of. It’s a way for customers to broaden their horizons.”
The contest also demonstrates Rhombus Guys’ commitment to its customers, Dickmeyer adds.
“It’s nice to show them that we’re paying attention to them,” he says.
Each contest pizza costs $18.99 for a small size, $21.99 for medium and $24.99 for large and include:
• Hale Storm – Garlic alfredo, mozzarella, feta, bacon, shrimp, artichoke and jalapeno peppers.
• Vanderbilt – Garlic alfredo, spinach, chicken, bacon, onion, tomato, mushroom, cream cheese, feta and mozzarella.
• Alley Cat – Spicy marinara, mozzarella, Canadian bacon, pepperoni, pineapple and jalapeno peppers.
• Bloody Bluey (Bloody Mary Pizza) – Seasoned marinara (tobasco, Worcestershire, celery salt, lemon pepper), mozzarella, pepperoni, bacon, green olives and pickles.
• The Conrad – Marinara, mozzarella, provolone, pepperoni, chicken, steak, bacon, red peppers and cilantro.
• Yoshi’s Island – Honey BBQ sauce, mozzarella, pulled pork, chicken, bacon, onion, black olives, mushroom, pineapple and jalapeno peppers.
• The Doc – Chipotle marinara, mozzarella, shrimp, caramelized onions, tomato, cilantro and sour cream drizzle.
• Italian Stallion - Marinara, Italian sausage, capers, anchovies, red pepper flakes, garlic, kalamata olives and parsley.
• Cabo Chili Pizza - Marinara, Cajun seasoning, beef, sausage, red onion, red pepper, tomato, jalapeno peppers, kidney beans, tortilla chips, mozzarella, cheddar and sour cream.
Readers can reach Forum reporter Sam Benshoof at (701) 241-5535