Hot drill bit cause of West Fargo shop fire
WEST FARGO — A June 9 fire that damaged a car repair shop here was caused by a hot drill bit, according to West Fargo Fire Chief Dan Fuller.
Fuller said an employee of JWD Auto, 1918 Main Ave. E., was using a drill to remove a rivet holding a gas tank in place when the hot bit went through the tank and ignited gas inside.
A fire started on the shop floor and spread to other cars, Fuller said.
When fire crews arrived, flames were blowing through the doors of the stall. No injuries were reported.