Von Pinnon: Forum welcomes six new Readers Board members
Meet the six new members of The Forum's Readers Board. They join six returning members whose terms expire in June.
Members stay on for a year, but terms are staggered by a half-year. The paper's community sounding board chooses its own successors.
We want to first thank our members leaving the board: Paul Coppin, Chelsey Hill, Sherm Syverson, Dustin Hasbrouck, Kit Miles and Rob Lynch.
• Bryan Domholt, 47, Fargo, is a realtor for Lakeplace.com Realty. A native of Elbow Lake, Minn., he earned a bachelor's degree from North Dakota State University. Domholt is married and has three stepchildren.
• Jake Fauchald, 28, Fargo, is a licensed attorney currently working as a law clerk for the state of Minnesota. He earned his bachelor's degree at Concordia College and his law degree from William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul. He is single and has lived in the area for six years.
• Emily Harris, 27, West Fargo, is a customer service representative at Anchor Ingredients in Fargo. She earned bachelor's degrees in Spanish and apparel, retail merchandising and design from NDSU. She is single and has lived in the area most of her life.
• Mark Kolstad, 70, Fargo, is a retired English teacher who taught 13 years for Moorhead Public Schools and 30 years for Fargo Public Schools. He earned his bachelor's and master's degrees from Minnesota State University Moorhead. He is married to a fellow teacher and has lived in the area most of his life..
• Deborah Tietz, 51, Moorhead, is a language arts teacher at Cheney Middle School in West Fargo. She earned her bachelor's degree in secondary education from MSUM and her master's degree in technology and curriculum from St. Thomas University. She is a married mother of two and has lived in the area for 30 years.
• Tally Tinjum, 38, Moorhead, is an assistant professor of nursing at Concordia College. She earned her bachelor's degree at Concordia College, her master's degree at Nebraska Methodist College, Omaha, and her doctorate from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She is married with two young daughters and has lived in the area for most of her life.
• Howard Barlow, 81, Fargo, works on a contract basis for Lutheran Social Services of North Dakota. He attended Huron (S.D.) College and has lived in the area since 1969. He is married with three grown children.
• Jackie DeMolee, 34, Fargo, is employed by NDSU. Her education includes a radio broadcasting diploma from Northland Community and Technical College and a master's in educational leadership from the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks. DeMolee is a native of Warroad, Minn., who moved to Fargo a year ago for work.
• Lyn Dwyer, 63, Moorhead, is a manager broker with RE/MAX Realty 1. She earned a bachelor's degree in business education from MSUM. She is married and has two daughters and a son. She grew up in Fergus Falls, Minn., and moved to Moorhead in 1975.
• Brian Gaarder, 70, Fargo, is a medical editor and transcriptionist for MModal. He earned a bachelor's degree in history and English from Augustana College. He also studied health information administration at the College of St. Mary in Omaha, Neb. He is married and has lived in the area for 31 years.
• Michael Leier, 67, Fargo, is retired after working for 35 years at Southeast Human Service Center, most recently as a program director. Leier earned a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Jamestown and a master's in rehabilitation counseling and community mental health at Southern Illinois University. He is married with two adult children and has lived in the area for 40 years.
• Mark Meister, 49, Moorhead, is a professor in the communications department at NDSU. He earned a bachelor's degree in communication studies and English from Carroll College, Helena, Mont.; a master's in speech communication from NDSU; and a doctorate in communication from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. He is married with an adult daughter and has lived here for 20 years.