Letter: Hoeven will make the right call on the AHCA
The American Health Care Act would make health care unaffordable and inaccessible for millions of Americans and many North Dakotans. Some of the impacts of the bill on North Dakotans are listed below:
• The bill reduces funding for Medicare, which will negatively affect beneficiaries.
• The bill unfairly penalizes older Americans with an age tax.
• The age tax would significantly increase premiums. North Dakotans simply cannot afford to pay the higher premiums.
• The bill removes protections for people with pre-existing health conditions.
• The bill weakens protections for people with individual and employer coverage.
• The bill cuts over $800 billion from Medicaid.
Yes, I have worked with Sen. John Hoeven, R-N.D., as a neighbor and as a state senator. He will have the vision to again help make the lives of all North Dakotans better and do the right thing when it comes for health care for all North Dakotans.
Seymour served as a North Dakota State Senator from 2002 to 2010.