1,200 have already taken the pledge!
Essentia Health, Forum Communications and the Fargo Police Department have partnered to help stop texting and driving in the Fargo Area.
Visit any Stop N Go Store or Cellular Communications Store in the FM area to take the Eyes Forward Pledge and receive an official :FWD lanyard or window cling to help you remember NOT to text and drive.
Pledge cards can also be taken to the Forum Building's main lobby, Essentia Hospital's main lobby and the Fargo Police Department's Main Lobby
TIPS FOR TEENS & NEW DRIVERS:
- Don't be tempted. Turn off your cell phone. Let voicemail capture your voice & text messages.
- If you have to call or text while driving, pull off the road safely and stop.
- Recognize that text messaging is a bad habit. Get support from your friends by letting them know you are working on breaking the texting habit.
- If you think you will still be tempted to text and drive, put your phone somewhere you can't reach it, like the trunk.
- Take control of your cell phone, don't let it control you. You are the only one who decides when and if you send and read a text message.
- Remember that it is illegal in North Dakota for anyone under 18 to use a handheld electronic device while driving, including cell phones.
Tips for parents:
- Don't call/text your teen at times when you know they are likely to be driving.
- Review your teen's cell phone bill with them to see if they are texting at times they are likely to be driving.
- Share this information with your teen.
- Know the North Dakota law and let your teens know…it is illegal for anyone in North Dakota to text and drive. A ticket will cost you $100.
- Establish family rules prohibiting texting while driving.
- Set a good example, don't text and drive.