River Level Map
Inforum.com Related Content
- Stories tagged with the "flood" tag will give general information related to flooding in the region.
Red River levels
- East Grand Forks - Red River observations at East Grand Forks, Minn.
- Halstad - Red River Observations at Halstad, Minn.
- Red River observations at Fargo
- Hickson - Red River observations at Hickson, N.D.
- Wahpeton - Red River observations at Wahpeton, N.D.
Sheyenne River levels
- West Fargo diversion - Sheyenne River observations at West Fargo diversion
- Harwood - Sheyenne River observations at Harwood, N.D.
- Kindred - Sheyenne River observations at Kindred, N.D.
Wild Rice River levels
- Hendrum - Wild Rice River observations at Hendrum, Minn.
- Ada - Wild Rice River observations at Ada, Minn.
- Abercrombie - Wild Rice River observations at Abercrombie, N.D.
Buffalo River levels
- Hawley - Buffalo River observations at Hawley, Minn.
- Sabin - South Buffalo River observations at Sabin, Minn.
Goose River levels
- Hillsboro - Goose River observations at Hillsboro, N.D.
Maple River levels
- Enderlin - Maple River observations at Enderlin, N.D.
The cities of Fargo and Moorhead have posted online maps to help residents gauge their vulnerability to flooding
City of Fargo
City of Moorhead
City of Fargo Information
City of Moorhead Information
Red River Basin Decision Information Network
Top 20 historical crests for Red River at Fargo
Source: National Weather Service
- 40.84 ft on 03/28/2009
- 39.72 ft on 04/18/1997
- 39.10 ft on 04/07/1897
- 38.81 ft on 04/09/2011
- 37.34 ft on 04/15/1969
- 37.13 ft on 04/05/2006
- 36.99 ft on 03/21/2010
- 36.69 ft on 04/14/2001
- 35.39 ft on 04/09/1989
- 34.93 ft on 04/19/1979
- 34.41 ft on 04/02/1978
- 33.26 ft on 07/04/1975
- 30.88 ft on 06/09/2007
- 30.50 ft on 04/15/1965
- 30.16 ft on 03/22/1966
- 29.80 ft on 03/31/1907
- 28.79 ft on 04/16/1952
- 28.75 ft on 04/15/1996
- 28.40 ft on 04/07/1943
- 28.37 ft on 03/22/1995
Community / blog information
External Links to additional Flood Information
United States Geological Survey
Map of flood and high flow condition: USGS Water Watch
National Weather Service
Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service: HERE
NDSU Flood Information
Check your sump pump before its too late.
The NDSU Extension service has a flood information page that can be viewed HERE.