WDAY / WDAZ Staff
FARGO – An unlocked truck at a gas station was stolen and rammed into a police car before the suspect led officers on a slow-speed chase Monday, Jan. 15. Fargo Police posted to Facebook early Tuesday, Jan. 16, that officers responded to a report of a stolen vehicle at Casey’s General Store, 2002 25th St. S., on Monday night. The owner said they had gone into the gas station to pay for fuel when it was stolen.
FARGO - University Drive S. was closed off at 7th Ave. N. Jan. 9 due to a water main break. The city will be responsible for the water clean-up and repairs. An on-call worker was dispatched to shut off the water and fix it, which will take a while according to an official on the scene. Water is having a hard time going down drains because it is freezing due to cold temperatures. Stick with your news leader as we follow this developing story.
OTTER TAIL COUNTY, Minn. - A man was hurt after a rollover crash on Interstate 94, east of Dalton at 11:06 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 7. Twenty-one-year-old Hassan Fofana of Champlin, Minn. was westbound on the highway when his car left the road and rolled over in the median. Road conditions were icy at the time of the crash, according to the accident report. Fofana treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Multiple crews are on scene of a large fire in Hallock, Minnesota Wednesday night. The Kittson County Sheriff's Department says just before 6:30 p.m. a neighbor noticed flames shooting from the roof of the Hallock Electric building. They say it was fully engulfed, and witnesses say Highway 75 has now been closed off as fire crews work to get more water sources. Authorities say no injuries have been reported and they're unsure of a cause at this time.
People living in five apartments in Fargo are out of their homes this morning after a fire in the complex. The Fargo Fire Department said crews arrived around 6:00 Tuesday evening to find flames in the attic of one of the apartments on the 1100 block of 4th St. North. The department said no one was injured, but damage to the building's electrical system was so extensive that people had to be evacuated. The department said all of the people displaced have found a place to stay. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
NORMAN COUNTY, Minn. - A man is hurt after a crash involving a semi on Highway 75 and 5th St. E. at 10:51 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 26 in Norman County. Twenty-four-year-old Daniel Levister of Shelly, Minn. was driving westbound on 5th St. E. and failed to yield the right of way to the semi that was heading northbound on Highway 75. Levister's car then struck the back left of the semi. Road conditions were icy at the time of the crash. Levister was taken to Essentia Health in Ada to be treated for non life threatning injuries.
Otter Tail County, Minn. - A teenager is hurt after she rolled her car on Interstate 94 at 10:21 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 26. The driver was heading westbound on I-94 when she entered a curve to the left and then left the road. Her car rolled three times before coming to a stop on the roof in the right ditch. She was taken to Lake Region Hospital to be treated. Her name has not been released and her condition is unknown at this time.
Fargo -- Four months after the disappearance of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, her boyfriend, Ashton Matheny, will be featured in People Magazine. Matheny, who now lives in Grand Forks, spoke with People about raising the couple's daughter, Haisley Jo, on his own. A preview of the feature can be found on People's website .
Grand Forks, N.D. -- Authorities are investigating after two cars collided in Grand Forks, causing one to burst into flames. It happened just before 7:00 Monday morning on 62 Ave. S. and South Washington. The Grand Forks Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire. One driver was taken to Altru to be evaluated. The collision is still under investigation.
West Fargo, N.D. -- Several chickens are dead after a chicken coop caught fire in West Fargo. Crews were called to 6401 19th Avenue N. at 4:59 Monday morning. When firefighters arrived on scene, the chicken coop was fully engulfed, and the fire had spread to a nearby storage shed. Both structures are a total loss, and most of the chickens were killed. West Fargo Fire Chief Dan Fuller says the cause of the fire was likely a heat lamp. However, the fire marshal is still investigating. No people were hurt.