FARGO — No, 4-ranked North Dakota State scored 28 points in the game's first 18 minutes and cruised to a 52-24 victory against No. 16-ranked South Dakota on Saturday in Missouri Valley Football Conference play at Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome.
“Our kids came ready to play," Bison head coach Matt Entz said. "I’m really excited with where we’re at right now.”
The Bison (10-1, 7-1 MVFC) clinched an outright MVFC title with the victory and close their regular-season with back-to-back victories heading in the NCAA Division I FCS playoffs.
NDSU quarterback Cam Miller completed 19 of 23 passes for 219 yards and a touchdown as the Bison gained 522 yards on 70 plays against the Coyotes. NDSU rushed for 303 yards on 47 attempts.
Below is postgame reaction from members of the InForum sports team:
More Bison football coverage:
- Bison smash South Dakota to earn outright Missouri Valley championship
- Bison notebook: NDSU punter Steindorf becomes unlikely runner
- Kolpack: Sproles joins the Bison football speed club in rout of Coyotes
- PHOTOS: Scenes from a decisive Bison home victory to clinch outright Missouri Valley Football Conference title
- West Fargo Sheyenne's Kellen Entz commits to Bison football, set to play for his father
- Bison Game Day: Senior lineman Cordell Volson reaches demanding 61 career games milestone