GRAND FORKS — Prairie Business magazine has released its annual 40 Under 40 list, featuring 40 of the top business professionals under the age of 40 in the northern Plains.
Those named come from a wide range of industries and have made significant impacts in their chosen professions, industries and communities. They are entrepreneurs, industry experts, executives and nonprofit leaders; they are business owners, government officers, environmental advocates and regional trendsetters.
They also show unusual devotion to their communities and to volunteer service.
“These young professionals help tell the larger story of the region’s economy -- that business is strong in the prairieland and companies are seeking the best, most innovative and talented workers to help it stay strong,” said Andrew Weeks, editor of Prairie Business. “I am impressed by each of these ambitious, visionary and skilled individuals.”
The following professionals were named to the 2019 40 Under 40 list published in the magazine's December issue:
- Andrew Aakre, project manager, Moore Engineering, West Fargo
- Bob Bartelt, technical support Manager, Midco, West Fargo
- Rick Beall, president/CEO, Peoples State Bank of Velva, Minot, N.D.
- Joel Brown, president, MineralTracker, Watford City, N.D.
- Brady Bussler - digital marketing manager and remote pilot, Widseth Smith Nolting, Baxter, Minn.
- Aaron Clayton, partner-in-charge of communications & electric industry practice, Eide Bailly, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Taylor Daniel, commercial realtor, Daniel Companies, Bismarck
- Cassie DuBray - deputy director, Great Plains Housing Authority, Jamestown, N.D.
- Mike Dunn, business development manager, Construction Engineers, Grand Forks
- Tara Engquist - partner, Eide Bailly, Aberdeen, S.D.
- Scott Finnesand, technical manager-transmission and distribution, Ulteig, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Nicholas Flom, executive director, Northern Plains UAS Test Site, Grand Forks
- Sarah Getzlaff - chief executive officer, Security First Bank of North Dakota, Bismarck
- Erik Hatch - CEO/owner of Hatch Realty and Hatch Coaching, Fargo
- Rob Hatfield, director of IT Services, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota, Fargo
- Thomas Hill, vice president community impact, United Way of Cass-Clay, Fargo
- Megan Houser, human resource director, AE2S, Grand Forks
- Dustin Jensen, vice president for student affairs and dean of students, University of Jamestown, Jamestown
- Kent Kirkhammer, president/CEO of Newkota Services & Rentals, Minot
- Rachel Kmecik, director of human resources, True North Equipment, Grand Forks
- Jay Kruse, chief advocacy officer, Credit Union Association of the Dakotas, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Collin Kudrna, president, Optimum Therapies of North Dakota, Bismarck
- Chris Lee, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Gate City Bank, Fargo
- James Leiman, executive professional, change agent, professor, mentor and small business owner, Fargo and Bismarck
- Brienne Maner, executive director, Zeal Center for Entrepreneurship, Sioux Falls
- Marc Mellmer, vice president, JE Dunn Construction, Dickinson and Williston, N.D.
- Jim Mertz, GIS specialist, Bolton & Menk, Fargo
- Sarah J. Meusburger, human resources director, Banner Associates, Brookings, S.D.
- Ariana D. Meyers, assistant professor at University of North Dakota School of Law and attorney at Vogel Law Firm, Grand Forks
- Chris Moen, Northern Valley lead financial guide, Alerus, Grand Forks
- Matt Paulson, founder of MarketBeat and Startup Sioux Falls Marketbeat, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Perry Olson, business development specialist, First International Bank & Trust, Minot, N.D.
- Mike Opat, senior project manager, Houston Engineering, Fargo
- Clay Ostlund, director of business development, Marco, Alexandria, Minn.
- Jillian Reiner, professional landscape architect, Alexandria, Minn.
- Nick Shirek, general sales manager, Rydell Auto Center, Grand Forks
- Justin Smorawske, chief growth officer, Epicosity, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Taya Spelhaug, TechSpark manager, Microsoft, Fargo
- Wendy Van Duyne, project manager and landscape architect, Stantec, Bismarck
- Sam Wilke, structural department manager, EAPC, Fargo