FARGO – YWCA Cass Clay honored 13 recipients at its annual Women of the Year event, Thursday, Sept. 10, who have demonstrated passion for their community, service to women and children, and are inspirations for the next generation of leaders.
The 47th Women of the Year event was the first in its history to be held virtually due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Dana Mogck and Kerstin Kealy of WDAY, who were recognized for their 20 years of dedication to emceeing the event, led the tribute to 32 women and businesses from Cass and Clay counties whose lives, talents, and passions shape our community.
The 2020 recipients included:
- Sharon Whitebear of Mandan, Hidatsa and Arikara Nation East Segment for lifetime achievement
- Jillian Gould of the Gladys Ray Shelter for Advocating for Equality
- Melissa Sobolik of Great Plains Food Bank for Arts & Culture
- Julene Brown of Essentia Health for Business Management & Entrepreneurship
- Erica Johnsrud of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Red River Valley for Communications
- Sarah DeVries of Eide Bailly for Community & Volunteer
- Leah Juelke of Fargo South High School for Education
- Kathy Hunstad of Trinity Lutheran Church for Faith Community
- Trish Tallakson of Clarity Counseling for Health & Wellness
- Katie Oster of Oak Grove Lutheran School for Science & Technology
- Abrar Sharfi of Fago South High School for Young Woman of Today & Tomorrow
- Kari Bucholz of Haley’s Hope for Youth Advocacy
- Gate City Bank for Leader in Women’s Empowerment