Homeowners search for answers about Xcel power surge in Fargo, company spokeswoman to address issue on WDAY's "Jay Thomas Show"
A power surge occurred in a north Fargo neighborhood a week ago today.
A power surge occurred in a north Fargo neighborhood a week ago today. At least 19 homes are known to have electrical devices that were damaged by the surge, according to Gerald Grosz, one of the homeowners.
Grosz said as far as residents can tell, an Xcel power line that serves the neighborhood came in contact with one or more neutral "ground" wires and a surge of current backed its way into homes.
Grosz said he filed a claim with Xcel but after a brief contact with an official earlier this week, he hasn't heard from anyone.
He said his next door neighbor received an e-mail from Xcel that essentially said the company isn't responsible for any damage.
Grosz said his stove, microwave and garage door opener were zapped, among other things. He figures he may be out $3,000.
He said the North Dakota Public Service Commission has been contacted about the incident.
Read more Saturday in The Forum.