FARGO — Several metro area restaurants are adjusting their hours and services in an effort to control the spread of the coronavirus.
On Monday, March 16, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz called for the closure of bars and restaurants for dine-in customers until March 27. Take-out, pickup and delivery food options can continue, and many establishments are choosing to do so.
While a similar order has not been issued by North Dakota's Gov. Doug Burgum thus far, many Fargo and West Fargo bars and restaurants are also choosing to close their dining rooms or limiting hours of operation.
The following is a roundup of changes based on announcements sent to The Forum or posted on social media:
- Chef's Table Catering, a catering business based at the Sanctuary Events Center, 670 4th Ave. N., Fargo, is launching "Chef's Table at Home." The new brand is meant to provide diners with "cooked from scratch, restaurant quality food from the comfort of their own homes." All servings are designed to feed 4-6 people depending on size of portions and personal appetite. Pickup times will be between 3 and 6 p.m.. Delivery is also available between 4 and 6pm. For more information, visit www.chefstablefargo.com.
- Chick-fil-A, 4100 13th Ave. S., Fargo, has closed its dining room, but carry-out, curbside and delivery is still available.
- Granite City at 1636 42nd St. S. in Fargo has closed its dine-in facilities. Delivery and pickup to go services are still available. Only credit card payments will be accepted. The bar and restaurant is also providing free lunches to children while supplies last.
- J.C. Chumley's at 1608 Main Avenue in Moorhead is offering pickup orders. Starting at 5 p.m. March 17 until 5 p.m. Friday, March 27, orders can be placed by calling 218-236-7813. The bar and restaurant is also offering free sack lunches for kids while supplies last.
- Legend's Sports Bar at 803 Belsly Blvd in Moorhead is offering curbside pickup. Legend's is also leading an effort to provide 500 bag lunches to children in the community. For more information, visit its Facebook page or call 218-477-1010.
- Sol Ave. Kitchen at 1408 1st Ave. N. in Moorhead is offering take-out and delivery through UberEats.
- Thai Orchid in the Moorhead Center Mall at 420 Center Ave. is offering takeout and delivery via Doordash.
- Third Drop Coffee: The Moorhead location at 115 4th St. S. is closed until March 27. The Fargo location at 111 Broadway will be open for take-out orders only from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Doordash Delivery will be available, and a $5 drink card will be included with any delivery orders over $15 between now and March 31.
- Usher's House at 801 Main Ave. in Moorhead is closed "until it is deemed appropriate to reopen to the public."
- VIP Restaurant & Catering: The restaurant in the Block 6 Building at 624 Main Ave. in Fargo has shut down its dining room until further notice. Catering services are still available by calling 701-293-1999.
- West Acres Shopping Center has closed its food court seating, with some food court restaurants still offering takeout.
To include information about your business, email Business Editor Angie Wieck at email@example.com.
As a public service, we’ve opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status.