GRAND FORKS -- Prairie Business has announced the businesses named this year's 50 Best Places to Work issue published in September.
Employees throughout the region nominated their companies, highlighting some of the reasons they believe make their place of business a great place to work. Among the topics were workplace culture, opportunities for employee growth, teamwork and individual responsibility, and employee morale, among others.
In all, Prairie Business received more than 1,500 nominations.
“It’s a sampling that shows people are excited about their jobs and the companies that provide them. That’s good news not only for the businesses that have been nominated, but it’s great news for all of the region’s residents, consumers and managers alike,” said Prairie Business Editor Andrew Weeks.
“If people feel appreciated and are happy in their jobs, they are more productive. If they feel appreciated and valued, they are more apt to go the extra mile. There is less turnover and more innovation. And the end result of that is a better company," Weeks said.
This year’s 50 Best, listed below, are highlighted in the September issue of the magazine, which also is available as an e-edition at prairiebusinessmagazine.com.
- AE2S, Grand Forks
- Alerus, Grand Forks
- All-Terrain Grounds Maintenance, Fargo
- Altru Health System, Grand Forks
- Apex Engineering Group, Fargo
- Applied Engineering, Bismarck
- Architecture Incorporated, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Banner Associates, Brookings, S.D.
- Bethany Retirement Living, Fargo
- Butler Machinery, Fargo
- Construction Engineers, Grand Forks
- Cornerstone Bank, North Dakota & South Dakota
- EAPC Architects Engineers, Grand Forks
- Dakota Wesleyan University, Mitchell, S.D.
- Energy & Environmental Research Center, Grand Forks
- EMC Insurance Companies, Bismarck
- Enclave, Fargo
- Enertech Global, Mitchell, S.D.
- EPIC Companies, West Fargo
- First Community Credit Union, Jamestown, N.D.
- First International Bank & Trust, Watford City, N.D.
- First Western Bank & Trust, Minot, N.D.
- Fisher Industries, Dickinson, N.D.
- Gate City Bank, Fargo
- Guaranty & Title Co., Bismarck
- HDR, N.D., S.D. and Minn.
- Houston Engineering Inc., Fargo
- Jamestown Regional Medical Center, Jamestown, N.D.
- JLG Architects, Fargo
- KLJ, Bismarck
- Legacy Financial Partners, Bismarck
- Lloyd Companies, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Marsh & McClennan Agency, Fargo and Sioux Falls
- Midwest Fire, Luverne, Minn.
- Missouri Valley Family YMCA, Bismarck
- Moore Engineering, West Fargo
- Nexus Innovations, Bismarck
- Obernel Engineering, Fargo
- Pediatric Partners, Fargo
- RCS Construction, Rapid City, S.D.
- Regency Title, Fargo
- Sandman Structural Engineers, Moorhead
- Stantec, Bismarck and Fargo
- Steffes, Dickinson, N.D.
- TSP Inc., Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Ulteig, Fargo
- Vaaler Insurance, Grand Forks
- Valley Senior Living, Grand Forks
- WCCO Belting Inc., Wahpeton, N.D.
- Widseth, Crookston, Minn.