Wide receiver Christian Watson dazzled fans and won four FCS national titles with the NDSU Bison. He was selected 34th overall in the 2022 NFL draft by the Green Bay Packers. Find news, photos, video and more right here on our Christian Watson spotlight page.
Swipe/drag left or right to view the gallery.
Christian Watson (born May 12, 1999) wowed NDSU Bison fans with his combination of height, strength, agility and explosive speed, playing for North Dakota State from 2018-2021. (See Watson highlights here, here and here.)
The Green Bay Packers selected Watson with the 34th overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft after trading both of their second-round picks to the Minnesota Vikings to get that spot.
Watson, a native of Tampa, Fla., played 52 games during his NDSU career, catching 105 passes for 2,140 yards and 14 TDS over four seasons - and he did that in a run-heavy offense. The Bison won four FCS national championships during Watson's career (counting the 2017 year when he was redshirted).
In his final season with the Bison, Watson caught 43 passes for 801 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 18.6 yards per reception.
Watson impressed scouts during the pre-draft process with his athleticism, running the 40-yard dash in 4.36 seconds, at the NFL Combine, and also had an impressive showing during Senior Bowl week.
Watson's honors include:
- 2022 Reese's Senior Bowl
- 2021 HERO Sports All-America First Team
- 2021 Associated Press All-America Second Team
- 2021 Stats Perform All-America Second Team
- 2021 Phil Steele All-America Third Team
- 2020-21 Associated Press All-America First Team
- 2020-21 Stats Perform All-America First Team
- 2020-21 HERO Sports All-America First Team
- 2020-21 Athlon Sports All-America First Team
- 2020-21 Phil Steele All-America First Team
- 2021 All-MVFC First Team
- 2020-21, 2021 All-MVFC First Team
- 2020-21 All-MVFC Second Team
- 2019 All-MVFC Second Team
- 2020-21 MVFC Offensive Player of the Week
- 2018 MVFC Honor Roll
Other facts about Watson:
- His father also play in the NFL. Tazem Wajed (whose name was Tim Watson at the time), was drafted by the Packers in 1993, and played from 1993 to 1997.
- Watson earned a degree in university studies while at NDSU.
- Attended Henry B. Plant High School in Tampa, FL.
- Watson's jersey No. 1 at NDSU, but he'll have No. 9 in Green Bay.