FARGO — The city of Fargo is encouraging residents to consider applying for an open position on the public library board.
There is an opening for one board member. The position requires an average time commitment of four to eight hours per month. Board meetings take place on the third Tuesday of each month at 4 p.m. in the Commission Chambers within Fargo's City Hall, 225 4th St. N.
Job duties include:
- Making and adopting such bylaws, rules and regulations for the management of the library and reading room.
- Controlling, exclusively, the expenditures of all moneys collected for or contributed to the library fund.
- Conducting supervision, care and custody of the library property, and of the rooms or buildings constructed, leased or set apart for use of library purposes.
- Facilitating contracts to furnish library services and to receive library services from other counties, school districts and cities of the state of North Dakota and adjoining states and the state library.
- Employing qualified personnel to administer the public library and dispense library services.
Those interested can apply for an appointment by visiting FargoND.gov/gettinginvolved. Applications will begin to be reviewed on June 12 and applying before that date is strongly recommended.
Residents are also encouraged to research and apply for any other boards, commissions and committees in the event of future vacancies.