FARGO - A series of more than 20 events is underway throughout Fargo-Moorhead in conjunction with National Welcoming Week.
Events are held around the country for the week, an idea encouraged by the organization Welcoming America six years ago to make communities welcoming to all and bring together immigrants, refugees and native-born residents.
For a full schedule, visit www.welcomingfm.org. Upcoming events through Sunday, Sept. 23, will take place in Fargo unless otherwise noted.
• "World in Fargo-Moorhead" photo exhibition, on display through Sept. 28 at Fargo Public Library, 102 Third St. N.; reception will be held 2 to 4 p.m. Sept. 23.
Saturday, Sept. 15:
• Red River Market Welcoming Day, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Broadway Garage, 409 Broadway.
Sunday, Sept. 16:
• Colors and Cultures of Pakistan presentation, 2 to 3 p.m., Fargo Public Library.
• Welcome Week photo exhibit, 2 to 4 p.m., St. Mark's Lutheran Church worship space, 355 6th Ave. S., special program at 3 p.m. with project participants as speakers.
• Welcome Connection, 4 to 6 p.m., St. Mark's Lutheran Church.
Monday, Sept. 17:
• Do You Dream of Starting a Business?, 2 to 5 p.m., Lutheran Social Services of North Dakota, 3911 20th Ave. S., learn from business owners about how they made their dreams come true.
• Happy Hour Fundraiser, 4 to 9 p.m., Fargo Brewing Co., 610 N. University Drive, $1 of each purchased pint goes to Welcoming FM.
• "Human Flow" film screening, 6:30 p.m., Fargo Theatre, tickets are $5 in advance, $7 at the door or $1 for students with student ID.
Tuesday, Sept. 18:
• Climbing Wall Party, 4 to 7 p.m., Schlossman YMCA, 4243 19th Ave. S., ages 3 and up welcome, free and open to the public.
• Global Tapestry Dialogues, 6 to 9 p.m., Bluestem Center for the Arts, 801 50th Ave. S., Moorhead.
• Community Conversation About Race, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Fargo Public Library.
Wednesday, Sept. 19:
• Initiative for Peace and Conflict Prevention launching event, 5 to 6:30 p.m., Fargo Public Library, dinner will be served.
• English language tutor recruitment, 7 to 8:30 p.m., Fargo Public Library.
Friday, Sept. 21:
• International Peace Day, 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 210 7th St. S., Moorhead.
• Elder Refugee Potluck, 5 to 7 p.m., Lutheran Social Services of North Dakota, 3911 20th Ave. S.
Saturday, Sept. 22:
• YMCA Pool Party, 5 to 7 p.m., Fercho YMCA, 400 1st Ave. S., all three pools will be available for open swimming, free.
Sunday, Sept. 23:
• Annual International Day of Peace Celebration, 4 to 6 p.m., Ed Clapp Park Senior Center, 2801 32nd Ave. S.