FARGO — The North Dakota Women's Marches scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 17, in Fargo, Minot and Bismarck will be merged into one statewide virtual event, a North Dakota Women's Network press release announced Friday.
The march is going virtual because of the elevated COVID-19 risk in counties across the state. The event is scheduled to run from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday.
Guest speakers and their segments include:
- Rep. Ruth Buffalo of West Fargo: sustained action to create real change.
- Tibby Reas Hinderlie of Fargo: reproductive justice.
- Rebel Marie of Fargo: LGBT rights and mental health.
- Kayla Schmidt of Bismarck: March emcee.
- Zebadiah Gartner, Ojibwe and Dakota: presenting a prayer song.
- Tawny Cale of Minot: getting involved in one's community.
- Brandi Hardy of Bismarck: a warrior's perspective on a woman's worth.
- Bre Nickelson of Minot: psychological empowerment.
- Karen Ehrens of Bismarck: humanity: meeting human needs of hunger and health.
Registration is required to access the virtual event and can be done at zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwvc-6vrDMqG9zUt3y3IVO6tCSSV0E4WhoS.
For more information, visit ndwomen.org/whats-going-on-at-ndwn/march-with-us.