STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA COUNTY OF CASS
IN DISTRICT COURT
Ugochukwu Solomon Machie,
Amaka Gift Machie,
The State of North Dakota to Amaka Gift Machie, Defendant:
Your spouse has filed a lawsuit against you for dissolution of your marriage. A copy of the paperwork regarding the lawsuit is served on you with this summons. This summons is an official document from the court that affects your rights. Read this summons carefully. If you do not understand it, contact an attorney for legal advice.
1.The Plaintiff, Ugochukwu Solomon Machie, has filed a lawsuit against you asking for dissolution of your marriage. A copy of the Complaint for Dissolution of Marriage is attached to this Summons.
2.You are hereby summoned and required to serve upon Plaintiff's attorney and file with the court a written answer to the Complaint for Dissolution of Marriage which is herewith served upon you, by serving upon the undersigned an Answer or other proper response within twenty-one (21) days after service of this Summons upon you, exclusive of the day of service.
3.If you fail to do so, judgment by default will be taken against you for the relief demanded in the Complaint.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY RESTRAINING PROVISIONS
4. Under Rule 8.4 of the North Dakota Rules of Court, upon service of this Summons, you and your spouse are bound by the restraints following:a. Neither spouse may dispose of, sell, encumber, or otherwise dissipate any of the parties' assets, except:
i.For necessities of life or for the necessary generation of income or preservation of assets;
ii.Or for retaining counsel to carry on or to contest the proceeding.
5. If a spouse disposes of, sells, encumbers, or otherwise dissipates assets during the interim period, that spouse shall provide to the other spouse an accounting within 30 days.
6. Neither spouse may harass the other spouse.
7. All currently available insurance coverage must be maintained and continued without change in coverage or beneficiary designation.
8. If either spouse violates any of these provisions, that spouse may be in contempt of court.
9. The restraining provisions contained in this Summons apply to both parties upon service of the Summons. The provisions are effective until otherwise provided by court order or by written stipulation of the parties filed with the court.
IF A SPOUSE/PARTY VIOLATES ANY OF THESE PROVISIONS, THAT SPOUSE/PARTY MAY BE IN CONTEMPT OF COURT.
Dated this 7th day of October, 2021.
LINNEROOTH LAW OFFICE
Richard J. Linnerooth
ATTORNEY FOR PLAINTIFF
112 University Drive North
Manchester Suites 115
Fargo, North Dakota 58102 (701) 298-9090
ND Atty. ID# 04207
(Oct. 13, 2021)2907437