REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
The North Dakota Mill and Elevator Association is requesting Statements of Qualifications from Structural Engineering firms (registered professional engineers in the state of North Dakota) interested in providing services for the development of a bid package for the design and construction of a Wheat Midds Storage & Handling Facility
A. Project Information
1. The project includes a new concrete slip form building, silos and equipment for the storage and processing of Wheat Midds. The engineering firm will work with NDM to develop the concept and scope of the project. At present, NDM has a general vision of the overall project. The selected Engineering Firm will coordinate with NDM to finalize the design and scope.
B. Services to be provided
1. Provide plans specifications and bidding documents.
2. Coordinate design with Mill equipment suppliers.
3. Review shop drawings.
4. Assist the ND Mill with questions during the bidding and construction phase.
C. Time Table
1. 11-4-21 Written proposals submitted.
2. 12-2-21 Owner authorizes engineering firm to proceed with work.
3. 6-30-22 Plans, specifications and bidding documents complete.
D. Submittal Requirements
1. Submit qualifications on GSA Standard Form 330 Architect-Engineer Qualifications: Part I, Sections A-I. In addition, also provide the following:
2. Statement of Interest. Maximum one (1) page.
3. Provide a description of your team's approach to the project. Please be specific. Maximum four (4) pages.
4. Include three letters of reference that highlight the Consultant's work.
E. Selection of Structural Engineering Firm. Criteria: (100 points total)
1. The following factors will be utilized to evaluate proposals:
a. Related experience on similar projects. (Weight: 30%)
b. The ability of professional personnel. (Weight: 30%)
c. Past performance. (Weight: 10%)
d. Location, with higher priority given to firms headquartered in North Dakota. (Weight: 5%)
e. Recent and current work for the agency. (Weight: 5%)
f. Willingness to meet time and budget requirements. (Weight: 10%)
g. Recent, current and projected workloads of the persons or firms. (Weight: 10%)
F. Procedures for Submission
1. Firms or persons wishing to be considered shall submit five (5) copies of their qualification materials and a .PDF file of the submittal no later than 2:00 PM on Thursday, November 4, 2021 to:
Cathy Dub, CFO
ND Mill and Elevator
1823 Mill Road
Grand Forks, ND 58208-3078
G. Additional Information
1. Rejection rights: The ND Mill and Elevator retains the right to reject any or all proposals and re-solicit proposals if such action is deemed to be in the best interest of the ND Mill and Elevator.
2. Cost of Proposal Preparation: No reimbursement will be made for any costs incurred in preparing this proposal or for an interview if one is held.
3. Proposals to be in Effect: Each proposal shall state that it is valid for a period of not less than thirty (30) days from date of receipt.
4. Prohibited Interest: No employee of the ND Mill and Elevator shall have any interest, direct or indirect, in any resultant contract or the proceeds thereof. The engineer shall incorporate in all such contracts or subcontracts a provision prohibiting such interest.
5. All non-resident corporations, LLC's, and LLP's must be registered with the Secretary of State to do business in North Dakota before they can enter into a contract with the ND Mill and Elevator Association.
6. The State of North Dakota will not include an arbitration clause in any contract with the selected firm.
(Oct. 13, 20 & 27, 2021) 2907457