Dom Izzo's 2021 FCS Poll - Thru Week 8
Two more upsets highlight the weekend in the FCS
The stretch run of the FCS season is here and the playoff field is starting to come into focus.
Two more top ten upsets highlighted the weekend, with Eastern Washington losing for the first time all year and South Dakota State getting beat for a second time, as the Jackrabbits were beaten at home by Northern Iowa.
The poll also saw some shakeup with other ranked teams losing, ranging from South Dakota to Rhode Island.
Digest. Debate. Discuss.
1. North Dakota State (7-0, beat Missouri State)
2. Sam Houston (6-0, beat Jacksonville State)
3. Southern Illinois (6-1, bye week)
4. Villanova (6-1, beat Rhode Island)
5. James Madison (6-1, beat Delaware)
6. Montana State (7-1, beat Idaho State)
7. Southeastern Louisiana (6-1, beat Northwestern State)
8. UC Davis (7-1, beat Cal Poly) *FBS win
9. Eastern Washington (7-1, lost to Weber State) *FBS win/Non D1 win
10. South Dakota State (5-2, lost to Northern Iowa) *FBS win
11. Montana (5-2, beat Idaho) *FBS win
12. East Tennessee State (7-1, beat Furman) *FBS win
13. Northern Iowa (4-3, beat South Dakota State)
14. Kennesaw State (6-1, beat Campbell) *Non D1 win
15. UT Martin (6-1, beat SEMO)
16. Sacramento State (5-2, beat Northern Arizona)
17. Incarnate Word (5-2, lost to McNeese State) *FBS win
18. VMI (5-2, bye week)
19. Eastern Kentucky (5-2, bye week)
20. Missouri State (4-3, lost to North Dakota State)
21. Weber State (3-4, beat Eastern Washington)
22. South Dakota (4-3, lost to Illinois State)
23. Princeton (6-0, beat Harvard)
24. Rhode Island (5-2, lost to Villanova)
25. Jackson State (6-1, beat Bethune-Cookman)