STATE OF MINNESOTA COUNTY OF CLAY SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT IN DISTRICT COURT JUVENILE DIVISION In the Matter of the Welfare of the Children of: Kellie Marie Eggen and Joby Dean Sargent, Parents.
STATE OF MINNESOTA
COUNTY OF CLAY
SEVENTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT
IN DISTRICT COURT
In the Matter of the Welfare of the Children of:
Kellie Marie Eggen and
Joby Dean Sargent,
Court File No. 14-JV-19-4508
SUMMONS & NOTICE OF HEARING
NOTICE TO JOBY DEAN SARGENT:
A Petition for the Transfer of Permanent Legal and Physical Custody was filed with this Court on November 1, 2019, in the above court file. Copies of the Petition along with a statement describing the purpose of the hearing and the possible consequences of the hearing and explanation of the right to counsel and other basic rights are at the Clay County Court Administrator's Office. The Court has set January 21, 2020, at 1:45 p.m. as the date and time of the hearing in this matter at the Clay County Courthouse. You are hereby summoned and required to appear before this Court at the hearing.
1. One of the possible consequences of the hearing is that the Court may transfer legal and physical custody of the child(ren) to another person or agency, or may terminate your parental rights to your child(ren) upon your failure to appear.
2. If you fail to appear in response to this Summons, the Court may: (a) make a finding that the statutory grounds set forth in the Petition have been proved; and (b) enter an order granting the relief requested. The Court shall take testimony in support of the Petition.
3. If the Petition is proved by the applicable burden of proof, the Court shall enter an order granting the relief sought in the Petition.
4. Further information concerning the date and consequences of subsequent hearings, if any, may be obtained from the Court by a request in writing.
5. This notice constitutes notice of assignment of the Presiding Judge for purposes of Minnesota Statutes Section 542.16.
(January 6, 13 & 20, 2020)2815971