R2AC awards arts and cultural heritage grants
The Region 2 Arts Council has awarded $48,520 through the Arts and Cultural Heritage Grants Program to artists and nonprofits in Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Lake of the Woods and Mahnomen counties of Minnesota.
The Region 2 Arts Council has awarded $48,520 through the Arts and Cultural Heritage Grants Program to artists and nonprofits in Beltrami, Clearwater, Hubbard, Lake of the Woods and Mahnomen counties of Minnesota. Those receiving grants include:
- Bagley City Council, $6,000 to assist with the purchase of a metal sculpture.
- Depot Preservation Alliance, Baudette, $6,000 to obtain the services of a mural artist.
- Paul Bunyan Playhouse, Bemidji, $6,000 to assist in offering a drama camp for actors in grade 6 through high school.
- Aaron Tank, Bemidji, $3,000 to conduct five song-sharing workshops and folk music performances.
- Bemidji State University Theater Department, $3,260 to produce William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
- Bemidji Symphony Orchestra, $6,000 to help provide opportunities for public education, reflection and dialogue.
- Hospitality Initiative of Servant Hearts, Bemidji, $930 to assist in hosting a performance of the Twin Cities Gay Men's Chorus.
- The Arc United, Bemidji, $2,710 to host artists Maureen O'Brian and Terry Honstead.
- Northern Lights Opera Co., Park Rapids, $6,000 to present six performances of "The Music Man."
- LakeWood Care Center, Baudette, $2,460 to assist in hiring artist-in-residence Mary Therese Peterson.
- CSSI/Hope House, Bemidji, $4,640 to assist in hiring two artists-in-residence to teach painting and writing skills to people with long-term mental illness.
- Roy C. Booth, Bemidji, $1,520, to assist in producing films and plays.