Hospitals, State and County programs
- Sanford Health restricts visits to its facilities due to the coronavirus
- Essentia Health restricts visits to its hospitals, one visitor per patient and no ill visitors will be allowed to enter
- ND Department of Corrections suspends contact visitation
- Area hospitals and senior healthcare facilities announce visitor restrictions
Tours at the North Dakota state capitol will be suspended for the remainder of March.
- Clay County Association of Township Officers meeting set for next week is canceled
- Lutheran Social Services of North Dakota postponing film screening of "Not Alone" and "Screenagers"
- MnDOT indefinitely postpones all public meetings, open houses; includes all MnDOT-hosted events for at least the next 30 days
The March 25 public forum on behavioral health has been postponed and will be moved to a date in May.
Hospice of the Red River Valley grief support groups and grief-related events have been canceled until April 30.
Essentia Health announced that starting Wednesday, March 18, through April 1, it is suspending all routine appointments and elective procedures at all of its hospitals and clinics. A decision about routine appointments and elective procedures after April 1 will be made later.
- WCHA cancels remainder of men's hockey tournament
- NCHC cancels hockey tournament due to coronavirus outbreak
- Minnesota cancels all girls and boys high school basketball tournaments
- North Dakota suspends all remaining winter postseason tournaments
- The Moorhead Ice Show — originally scheduled for March 25 to 29 — is postponed. A new date has yet to be announced.
- North Dakota Ballet cancels closes their office and cancels classes starting March 16 through the 21.
- National Archery in the Schools Program state tournament in North Dakota has been canceled
Justin Moore's concert has been canceled at Scheels Arena in Fargo. It was scheduled for April 9.
ArtWORKS musical performances planned for Friday, March 20 and Tuesday, March 24 at Hector International Airport are postponed until further notice as a precautionary measure due to coronavirus concerns. A new date has yet to be announced.
All Fargo and Public Library programs, classes, events and outreach service activities are suspended until further notice.
West Fargo Public Library has canceled all in-person programming, meeting room reservations and offsite material delivery until further notice.
- Moorhead Public Library has canceled all events for the rest of March.
Lake Agassiz Regional Library locations close starting March 17 for an indefinite amount of time. Libraries are located in Ada, Bagley, Barnesville, Breckenridge, Climax, Crookston, Detroit Lakes, Fertile, Fosston, Hawley, Mahnomen, McIntosh, and Moorhead. LARL’s LINK sites are found in Cormorant, Frazee, Gonvick, Halstad, Hendrum, Lake Park, Rothsay, Twin Valley, and Ulen.
- Fargo Film Festival canceled due to coronavirus concerns
- Cher postpones Fargodome concert, venue officials are monitoring upcoming events
- Fargo Public Library canceling March 14 writing workshop and March 15 author visit with Marcie R. Rendon
- The Celtic Festival at the Hjemkomst Center is canceled. The Hjemkomst Center remains open to visitors during regular operating hours.
- The Tell canceled their storytelling event on March 19 at the Cellar in Front Street Taproom.
- El Zagal Shrine Circus in Fargo postponed until May 1-3
- Runnin O' the Green in Jamestown postponed until May 2
- All Axes guitar show postponed in Dilworth
- MercyMe postpones Fargodome concert over coronavirus concerns
- FM Symphony Orchestra postpones upcoming concerts
- Topper's Car Show— scheduled for March 28 and 29 — has been canceled
- Moorhead Public Library cancels all events for the rest of March, but it'll remain open
Minn-Kota Feline Club Cat Show, April 4-5, has been canceled.
The 53rd Annual Hawley Art Show has been canceled; was scheduled to accept submissions on March 28 and 29 with the show running April 2-5.
The Celtic Festival scheduled for March 21 at the Hjemkomst Center is canceled. The Hjemkomst Center remains open to visitors during regular operating hours.
The Fargo Moorhead Area Music Club's St. Patrick's Day Program scheduled for 7 p.m., Monday, March 16 at First Presbyterian Church has been canceled.
- NDSU, to suspend in-person classes, move to 'virtual instruction' as coronavirus spreads in the US
- ND State College of Science to hold classes online as coronavirus spreads
- UND to go online only for two weeks after spring break
- Minnesota State suspends classes throughout network amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Valley City University joins growing list of schools temporarily going online
After-school events, community classes and programs
- All CHARISM in-school and after-school programming closed beginning Monday, March 16
- Gasper's School of Dance has canceled dance classes through March 21.
- Moorhead Parks and Recreation cancels classes, lifeguard certification programs through April 7
Sons of Norway in Fargo cancels Norwegian language classes for the remainder of March and all of April
Plains Art Museum announces the cancellation or postponement of all of our public programs and classes through Saturday, April 4.
Macy's, Inc. announced that it will temporarily close all stores by end of business today, March 17
Lignite Energy Council cancels its 47th Annual Meeting on April 15 and16 to comply with CDC recommendations.
International Potluck cancels events through May
Hospice of Red River Valley cancels grief support groups
- West Acres cancels scheduled events, but plans to remain open for business
- Red River Winter Market canceled due to coronavirus concerns
- Minn. DFL moves local, congressional conventions online due to COVID-19
- ND Dem-NPL cancel state convention due to virus concerns, Republicans going ahead for now
Oscar-Parke Mutual Insurance Company postpones their annual policyholders' meeting, originally scheduled for Tuesday, March 17 until further notice.
Fargo-Moorhead Professional Communicators cancels the monthly meeting, originally scheduled for March 18.
The Village Family Service Center has canceled the March 18 Lunch and Learn and March 23 adoption information meeting in Grand Forks. Bowl for Kids' Sake, scheduled March 26 and 27 in Fargo, is now on hold.
Calvary Lutheran Church in Perham, Minnesota are canceled until further notice.
Nordland Lutheran Church of Rutland cancels all services until after April 1.
Havana Trinity cancels all services until after April 1.
Foreman Trinity Church cancels all services until after April 1.
- Morning Star Parish canceled their Lenten Service scheduled for Wednesday, March 18 at Sheyenne Lutheran Church.
- Fargo, Moorhead mosques closing due to coronavirus threat
Open Doors 65 Ministry, a free thrift store for those in need, and weekly gathering place for the homeless closes its doors until further notice
Pontoppidan Lutheran Church in Fargo closes its doors through May 3. All services and activities canceled.
Elim Lutheran Church, Fargo, will be closed until April 1 as a preventive measure in response to the COVID- 19 virus.
First Lutheran Church of Detroit Lakes - No worship services or activities for 8 weeks.
Shepherd of the Prairie Parish in Christine, Hickson, Walcott North Dakota cancel all worship services and gatherings through March 29, 2020.
Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Hillsboro, N.D. has canceled Lenten services and all activities for March 18, 2020
Bethel Church in Fargo has canceled all activities through March 23rd. Sunday services will be online at 9 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
Cancellations and closure announcements will be added in the order they are received.
As a public service, we've opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status.