Six finalists named in Moorhead superintendent search
MOORHEAD — A pool of six finalists for the position of Moorhead Public School superintendent was announced Monday, March 19, including two of the district's assistant superintendents.
All other candidates are currently serving as superintendents in other Minnesota school districts.
The Moorhead School Board in September unanimously voted for assistant superintendent Brandon Lunak to serve as acting superintendent leading up to the retirement of former Superintendent Lynne Kovash in November. Lunak is one of the finalists, as well as Melissa Eidsness, the assistant superintendent of Learning and Accountability for Moorhead.
In December, the board voted to hire consulting professionals with the Minnesota School Boards Association to screen and verify references of 18 candidates who applied for the position.
The full slate of finalists are:
• Randi Anderson, superintendent, Pelican Rapids Schools, Pelican Rapids, Minn. She is also a finalist for the West Fargo superintendent opening.
• Melissa Eidsness, assistant superintendent of Learning and Accountability, Moorhead
Area Public Schools
• Jon Kringen, superintendent, Long Prairie-Grey Eagle Public Schools, Long Prairie,
• John Landgaard, superintendent, Worthington School District, Worthington, Minn.
• Brandon Lunak, interim superintendent, Moorhead Area Public Schools
• Scott Staska, superintendent, ROCORI School District, Cold Spring, Minn.
The school board scheduled interviews with finalists beginning at 4 p.m. Friday, March
23, and continuing at 8 a.m. Saturday, March 24, at the Probstfield Center for Education Board Room 224, 2410 14th St. S., Moorhead. Interviews will be conducted by the board and teams of selected community and staff members.
The board intends to narrow down the number of finalists to three for a second round of interviews Wednesday, March 28. At that meeting the board will decide how to proceed by either extending an offer to the top candidate or deciding to conduct a site visit.
All interviews are open to the public.