FARGO — Businesses in the metro are banding together in an effort to help spread warmth and kindness this winter.
Warm Hands, Warm Hearts is a community outreach movement created to inspire others to give when they can, take if they need without charge, discrimination or obligation.
Inspired by Heidi Holland, owner of Beans Coffee Bar, partners from the Downtown Community Partnership (DCP), FM Coalition to End Homelessness, Homeless Health Services, Business Improvement District (BID), and Gladys Ray Shelter came together, discussed the concern and determined the mission of the movement:
Warmth-sharing “trees” are located throughout the community to provide new or gently used gloves, scarves, socks and hats for people in need.
Participating locations include:
- Beans Coffee Bar, 201 Fifth St. N., Fargo.
- Silver Lining Creamery, 123 Broadway N., Fargo.
- Rhombus Guys, 606 Main Ave., Fargo.
- Sandy's Donuts, 300 Broadway N., Fargo.
- Beans Coffee Bar, 5675 26th Ave. S., Suite 100, Fargo.
- Beans Coffee Bar, 2550 S. University Drive, No. 5737, Fargo.
Acceptable items include gently used hats, scarves, socks and mittens for all ages.
To learn more, visit downtownfargo.com/portfolio-item/warm-hands-warm-hearts/.