DULUTH, Minn. — After several weeks of investigation, the Proctor Police Department is preparing to send its reports on what authorities have referred to as "student misconduct" on the school's football team to the juvenile county attorney.

"Reports were worked on over the weekend and (we) are planning on sending this to the juvenile county attorney early this week," Proctor Chief Kent Gaidis said in an emailed response Monday evening, Oct. 18.

The St. Louis County Attorney's Office will determine if charges are to be filed.

Authorities have yet to comment on the nature of the allegations, citing privacy issues. It has been nearly a month since the investigation began.

Football activities for Proctor players in grades 9-12 were canceled in September.

WDAY logo
listen live
watch live
Newsletter signup for email alerts

Last week, the Proctor School Board accepted a separation agreement with head coach Derek Parendo in which he will resign “all positions” with the district, according to Superintendent John Engelking.

Parendo is currently on a paid “personal leave of absence,” Engelking said, until the end of the 2021-22 school year when his resignation will take effect.

THE STORY SO FAR: