MOORHEAD -Firefighters were called to a home on 6th Street South in Moorhead around 2 in the afternoon Monday.
It took crews only a few minutes to put out the flames. But in that time, the building was destroyed - along with a vehicle parked inside.
Assistant Moorhead Fire Chief Jeff Wallin said firefighters say it started after hot coals got thrown into a garbage can, they were from a camp fire the owners had a day before. It then spread to the side of the garage.
The fire also spread to a part of the house - burning a window and some siding. The house had some fire damage and a little smoke damage.
No one was hurt in the fire.
Officials say the damage range near $50,000.