Fargo kitchen fire displaces residents from home

FARGO — Fargo firefighters responded to a house fire at 2001 28th Ave. S. on Saturday, Dec. 15.

There was light smoke showing out the second floor windows and front door. Firefighters made entry through the front door and encountered heavy smoke. They were able to control the fire within 10 minutes of arrival.

One adult and one juvenile were present at the time of the fire and exited safely when they were alerted by smoke detectors.

There were no injuries in the fire. The house sustained heavy smoke and fire damage. The residents have been displaced and are working with the Red Cross for temporary housing.

The cause of the fire appears to be accidental and the kitchen will need extensive repair, according to the release.