GRAND FORKS — Monday, Aug. 26, was the first day of school for kids K-9 in Grand Forks. Upperclassmen start on Tuesday, Aug. 27, and the school district has a surprise for everyone.
The district is holding five public meetings to ask for input on a facilities plan for the district. The board might put a referendum up for a vote next year.
It's operating a budget deficit, and hasn't asked the public to raise property taxes in 30 years. The district wants to see what the public would support.
Below are the dates for the community meetings about facilities:
- Sept. 5: 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Valley Middle School.
- Sept. 10: 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Discovery Elementary School.
- Sept. 16: 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Grand Forks Central High School.
- Sept. 19: 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Viking Elementary School.
- Sept. 26: 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Wilder Elementary School.