We see that you have javascript disabled. Please enable javascript and refresh the page to continue reading local news. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact the customer support team at 1-833-248-7801.



Fargo police investigating crash and flee near downtown Fargo

No one has been arrested or cited

CrimeReport FSA.png
We are part of The Trust Project.

FARGO — A vehicle fled a traffic stop Sunday morning before crashing into another vehicle and a concrete barrier near downtown Fargo, with witnesses saying two people then fled the scene.

At 1:09 a.m. Dec. 6, an officer attempted to conduct a traffic stop on a white Ford Fusion with Gateway paper plates in the 400 block of North University Drive for traveling 44 mph in a 30 mph zone. The vehicle fled southbound on North University Drive toward Main Avenue, increasing speed.

The officer observed the vehicle speed through red lights at Third Avenue North, First Avenue North and Main Avenue, where the suspect vehicle struck another vehicle. Once officers approached the crash site, they saw the suspect vehicle left the roadway and crashed into a concrete barrier on the northeast corner of the Tailgators patio at 1322 Main Ave. Witnesses near Tailgators told officers that two people fled from the vehicle to the southwest.

Officers found a female passenger in the rear passenger seat of the suspect vehicle. She was transported to Sanford Medical Center with injuries that weren't life-threatening.

A perimeter was set up and a K9 track was completed without locating the suspect. No one has been arrested or cited. This is an ongoing investigation.

What to read next
If convicted and found in violation of his probation, Mason Buhl would face 225 years in prison and ordered to pay as much as $400,000 in fines.
Follow this Fargo-Moorhead news and weather podcast on Apple, Spotify, and Google Podcasts.
A select rundown of stories found on InForum.
Sawyer Anderson won second place in the 8-12 year-old category for her project, "Water Works." After hearing stories about children in Zambia who travel miles by foot to access clean water, Anderson began a fundraiser to help.