ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Gasoline added to grill, injuring 1 in Fargo

The Fargo Fire Department cautions that the public should not use gasoline on charcoal grills.

Fire Report FSA
We are part of The Trust Project.

FARGO — A person was injured Monday, May 16, after gasoline was added to a grill at a Fargo mobile home, authorities said.

Firefighters responded at about 4 p.m. and extinguished the fire at 640 Santa Cruz Drive S. in the Buena Vista mobile home park.

The person was hurt after gasoline was added to a charcoal grill, believing the flame inside was extinguished, the Fargo Fire Department said. The person was taken to Sanford Medical Center with unknown injuries.

“Gasoline is different than charcoal lighter fluid and should never be used to light charcoal or recreational fires,” the fire department said, adding it is “more volatile than lighter fluid and can result in injuries (sometimes severe) when ignited.

Related Topics: FIRES
April Baumgarten joined The Forum in February 2019 as an investigative reporter. She grew up on a ranch 10 miles southeast of Belfield, N.D., where her family raises Hereford cattle. She double majored in communications and history/political science at the University of Jamestown, N.D.
What to read next
The whereabouts of Ethan James Bendickson are unknown as of Friday, July 1.
"He listened to all of us, he listened to everything we had to say, he took all of our input, he was a team leader," said a member of the department.
Video showed two men, who have not been identified, approaching Angel Javier Milete near the Chase Bank entrance before punching him in downtown Fargo, according to a criminal complaint. Milete retreated, drew a handgun from his pants and fired the weapon multiple times at the two men as they fled, the complaint said.
21-year-old Tessa Holt was a dispatcher for Aggressive Towing and had a very unique way helping those in crisis.