PERHAM, Minn. — An Otter Tail County resident was hospitalized when his detached garage caught fire, leaving him with burns to his arms and legs.

The fire was reported at 11:58 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 25, just east of the intersection of Highways 40 and 29.

The state fire marshal determined that the cause was a grease fire due to cooking.

The man was taken to a nearby hospital to be treated for his injuries.

Otter Tail County sheriff deputies determined that the structure was destroyed in the blaze, causing an estimated $30,000 to $40,000 in damages.