FARGO — At least one person was taken to the hospital after an apartment fire Wednesday night, Jan. 13, in south Fargo.

Firefighters were called out to 1402 32nd St. S. just before 8 p.m.

Battalion Chief Jason Ness said responders found the fire in a first-floor apartment and had to pull multiple people out of the unit.

Ness said one person was taken by ambulance for treatment, and others suffered minor injuries.

Isaiah Gates was one of the residents evacuated from the building, along with his mother, Cassandra Jones.

WDAY logo
listen live
watch live
Newsletter signup for email alerts

Jones said the smoke was so thick they couldn't see down the hallway as they were evacuating their third-floor apartment.

Investigators said they are still working to determine the cost of the damage done to the apartment, along with cause of the fire.