FARGO — Fire crews contained and extinguished a fire at a Fargo recycling center Tuesday afternoon, April 6, officials said.
The fire was reported at 1 p.m. at the MinnKota Recycling building at 903 Fourth Ave. N. It broke out in a compacting machine and spread to some nearby cardboard as crews arrived, according to Fargo Fire Marshal Ryan Erickson.
Crews pumped water into the building's sprinklers while fighting the fire, Erickson said. Once crews contained the fire, they began to move the cardboard out of the building to remove any smoldering material.
The Fargo Fire Department responded to the fire with five engines, one ladder truck and two command vehicles, according to a statement.
There were no reported injuries, and investigators continued to work Tuesday afternoon to determine the fire's exact cause.