Forum Communications Company receives 8 regional Emmy nominations; special recognition for longtime employee
Documentary “Liquid Gold: From the Midwest to the Mediterranean” also accepted at Twin Cities Film Fest
MINNEAPOLIS — Forum Communications Company, which includes WDAY-TV and Click Content Studios, has received eight Emmy nominations for the 2022 Upper Midwest Regional Emmys to be held Oct. 15 in the Twin Cities.
Both WDAY’s morning and evening newscasts are being honored for excellence. According to WDAY-TV Assistant News Director Drew Trafton, this is the third consecutive year the evening newscast has been nominated, winning the award in 2020, and the fourth consecutive year the daytime newscast was nominated, winning in 2019.
Multi-Emmy award-winning WDAY reporter Kevin Wallevand received two Emmy nominations this year for writing and education coverage, while WDAY reporter Matt Henson received a nomination for sports coverage.
The documentary “ Liquid Gold: From the Midwest to the Mediterranean ," was nominated for Lifestyle Long Form Content. The documentary was produced by Click Content Studios, a division of Forum Communications, and featured writer/producer Tracy Briggs, producer/editor/photographer Derek Fletcher and producer Cody Rogness.
Briggs also received an Emmy nomination for writing the documentary and Fletcher was nominated for photography.
“Rides with Jay Thomas” received a nomination for Magazine Program and is produced by Click Content Studios with Fletcher, Rogness, Jaryn Homista and Jay Thomas.
Longtime WDAZ-TV Director Jim Johnson is also being recognized for his dedication to the field of broadcast journalism for 35 years as a 2022 Silver Circle Honoree.
Twin Cities Film Fest
“Liquid Gold: From the Midwest to the Mediterranean” was also accepted at the 2022 Twin Cities Film Fest taking place on October 20-29th in St. Louis Park.
The Twin Cities Film Fest offers the best in American independent films with studio films, indie films, documentaries, and short films. About one-third of all films will have Minnesota connections.
More information about the showings of “Liquid Gold: From the Midwest to the Mediterranean” will be available later this month. Tickets go on sale on Oct. 1.
Forum Communications Upper Midwest Regional Emmy Nominations
- Newscast/Daytime - Markets 76-120 - WDAY-TV First News
- Newscast/Evening - Markets 76-120 - WDAY- TV News
- Education/School - News - "Graduation Reboot" Kevin Wallevand, Producer, WDAY-TV
- Sports Story - News - "Al's Final Ride" Matt Henson, Producer, WDAY-TV
- Magazine Program - "Rides with Jay Thomas" - Click Content Studios, Derek Fletcher, Jaryn Homista, Cody Rogness and Jay Thomas, Click Content Studios
- Lifestyle Long Form Content - "Liquid Gold - From the Midwest to the Mediterranean," - Tracy Briggs, Derek Fletcher and Cody Rogness, Click Content Studio
- Writer - News- "Family, Family" - Kevin Wallevand, WDAY-TV
- Writer - Content - "Liquid Gold" - Tracy Briggs, Click Content Studios
- Photographer - Short/Long From Content - "Liquid Gold" Derek Fletcher, Click Content Studios.
- Jim Johnson, WDAY/WDAZ - 2022 Silver Circle Honoree