ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Listen: Attempted murder is 1 of 12 charges filed against Fargo driver accused of running down motorcyclist

Follow this Fargo-Moorhead news and weather podcast on Apple, Spotify, and Google Podcasts.

InforumMinute22-1080x720-Eventide.jpg
We are part of The Trust Project.

Here is your InForum Minute for Friday, July 22.

07-19-2022.JPG
Maichael Kamal Yousa.
Cass County Jail photo

FARGO — Prosecutors have filed charges against a Fargo driver who authorities say seriously injured a motorcyclist and caused two more crashes before shooting a gun, prompting a North Dakota state trooper to shoot him.

The Cass County State’s Attorney’s Office brought a slew of charges Thursday, July 21, against the driver, 28-year-old Maichael Kamal Yousa.

Yousa faces 12 felony charges: attempted murder, aggravated assault, failure to stop for a crash, fleeing from police and eight counts of reckless endangerment. He's also charged with misdemeanor driving with a suspended license. Full story here.

ADVERTISEMENT

More than 1 million pandemic workers apply for hero checks ahead of Friday deadline

Coronavirus
Transmission electron microscope image shows SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, isolated from a patient in the U.S. Virus particles are emerging from the surface of cells cultured in the lab. The spikes on the outer edge of the virus particles give coronaviruses their name, crown-like.
Photo courtesy of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease-Rocky Mountain Laboratories

ST. PAUL — More than 1 million front-line workers applied for benefits from the state with just days left ahead of a deadline, Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry officials said on Wednesday, July 20.

The department said that it had received more than 1,075,000 applications and expected to process more before closing an online portal at 5 p.m. Friday, July 22. Around mid-August, applicants will be notified if they meet eligibility requirements. Those who don't will have a 15-day window to appeal.

Department leaders haven't said how many of the applications processed so far have failed to meet the criteria to receive a hero check. The amount that each worker receives will be determined by how many meet the requirements set by state lawmakers. Full story here.

North Dakota children to receive new round of food assistance funds

LUNCH.jpg

BISMARCK — Thousands of children throughout North Dakota will soon receive a new round of food assistance funds, courtesy of Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer, or P-EBT.

State School Superintendent Kirsten Baesler and state Department of Human Services Director Chris Jones announced the rollout Thursday, July 21.

The money from P-EBT will benefit children who receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program funds and children eligible for free or reduced-price school meals, according to a new release. Full story here.

Related Topics: INFORUM MINUTE PODCAST
What To Read Next
A resolution looking to allow the legislature to consider work requirements on the newly expanded Medicaid program is one step closer to the 2024 ballot.
Fargo Park Board votes 4-0 to contract with developer Andy Skatvold and Kjerbeersten LLC open the 19th Hole at Rose Creek starting in April.
Follow this Fargo-Moorhead news and weather podcast on Apple, Spotify, and Google Podcasts.
A select rundown of stories found on InForum.