SUBSCRIBE NOW Get a year of news PLUS a gift box!



Clay County accepting spent electronics and fluorescent bulbs

The county will collect from two different sites on Thursday, May 19.

InForum News Brief
We are part of The Trust Project.

MOORHEAD — Clay County residents are invited to bring their electronics and fluorescent bulb collections to the county for recycling.

Collections can be brought to the Clay County Landfill at 3301 190th St. S. Hawley from 8-10 a.m., or to 1300 15th Ave. N. in Moorhead from noon to 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 19.

Electronic equipment, TVs and computer monitors will be accepted from businesses at $0.25 a pound. Fluorescent bulbs over 4 feet in length, circular, u-shaped bulbs and compact bulbs will be accepted at $0.59 each.

Fluorescent bulbs under 4 feet in length will be accepted for $0.29 per bulb.

Checks can be made out to The Retrofit Companies.


Residents of Clay County can bring spent fluorescent bulbs from their homes to the Clay County Hazardous Waste Facility Mondays and Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or the Clay County Residential Electronics Recycling site in Moorhead on Tuesdays from 4-6 p.m. all year around.

Residential electronics are accepted at the Clay County Landfill Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and the first and third Friday of the month from 8 a.m .until noon. Spent electronics are also accepted at 1300 15th Ave. N in Moorhead on Tuesdays from 4-6 p.m.

What to read next
The artwork was a collaborative effort between area sixth-grade students and artist Paul Johnson.
Gov. Tim Walz and Lt. Gov. Peggy Flanagan held a press conference at Little Thistle Brewing to celebrate the signing of the "Free the Growler" bill that allows larger breweries in the state to sell 64 oz. growlers and smaller breweries now have the option to sell 12 or 16 oz. canned beers and seltzers in their taprooms.
Gov. Tim Walz and DFL lawmakers said that lawmakers should weigh changes to the state's gun laws during a special session, while Republicans noted that mental health was a more pressing issue in the Uvalde, Texas, shooting.
A temporary statewide ban on poultry events and exhibitions has been extended a second time, this time until July 1. It includes all poultry swaps, fairs, exhibitions and other events where live poultry and susceptible birds are brought together and then disperse.