Moorhead firefighters put out attic fire

This is the second fire in as many days at 1930 22nd Ave. S.

Moorhead fire crews respond to a fire that started in the attic at 1930 22nd Ave. S late Wednesday night, Jan. 19.

MOORHEAD — Firefighters returned to the same house in two days, as they battled an attic fire at 1930 22nd Ave. S just after 10 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 19.

According to a Moorhead battalion chief, the homeowner noticed smoke in the insulation inside the attic.

When crews arrived on scene, they found a small fire in the attic, and were able to put it out quickly.

It's possible the fire was sparked by a hot spot from the fire early Tuesday morning, Jan. 18, when a fire burned through the attached garage on the house, according to the battalion chief.

Fire crews could know more about the cause of both fires within the next week, the battalion chief said.


This is a developing story.

A pile of burnt insulation sits outside a house on 22nd Avenue South in Moorhead Wednesday night, Jan. 19.

What To Read Next
Get Local