Moorhead High Speech Team earns national recognition
The team will send 14 speakers to nationals and host a showcase April 4 at Moorhead High School.
FARGO — The National Speech and Debate Association recently recognized the Moorhead High Speech Team for excellence.
The Moorhead High Speech Team received the Leading Chapter Award and the Team Sweepstakes Award, and 14 speakers qualified for nationals at the Northern Lights District held on March 18-19.
Students will compete at the National Tournament in Louisville, Kentucky, in June.
The public is invited to see the five-time state champions at the Speech Showcase on Monday, April 4 in the Moorhead High School auditorium. The performances begin at 7 p.m., and admission price is $8 for adults and $6 for students. A dessert reception will follow the performance.
The following students will represent Moorhead at nationals:
- Drama: Harrison Timm, Finn Larson, Charlie Maki
- Humor: Greta Homuth, Tate Horan, Olivia Dahlberg
- Oratory: Hameedah Oladele, India Carlson
- Dramatic Duo: Greta Homuth, Olivia Dahlberg, Charlie Make, Finn Larson, CeCe Bedore, Jack Nichol
- Informative: Ingrid Rygg, Karena Christenson
- Program Oral Interpretation: Anika Drees, Martan Gregoire