3 North Dakota students named presidential scholars
A total of 161 scholars were honored this year.
BISMARCK — Three North Dakota high school seniors have been named U.S. Presidential Scholars for 2023.
The seniors are:
- Srinath B. Kandooru, Century High School in Bismarck
- Annelise Klein, Century High School in Bismarck
- Kaylee Mae Kirkeby, Central High School in Grand Forks (recognized as a Presidential Scholar in career and technical education)
In Minnesota, two seniors received the honor:
- Stavya Arora, Maple Grove Senior High School
- Matthew Chen, Wayzata High School
The White House Commission on Presidential Scholars, a group appointed by the president, makes the final selections. Scholars are picked based on their academic success, artistic and technical excellence, essays, school evaluations and transcripts, and community service and leadership.
The 2023 Presidential Scholars are made up of one young man and one young woman from each state, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, and U.S. families living abroad, as well as 15 scholars chosen at-large, 20 in the arts, and 20 in career and technical education.
A total of 161 scholars were honored this year. For a complete list, visit http://www.ed.gov/psp .