Flooding still hampers travel on some Cass County roads near Sheyenne River
The Sheyenne River is subsiding in the Kindred area, but is expecting to crest at Harwood over the weekend.
FARGO — Some Cass County roads near the Sheyenne River continued to experience flooding or were closed until repairs have been made.
The latest road report from Cass County as of Friday, May 13:
- Cass County 36, closed — a gravel road between Horace and Kindred along the west side of the Sheyenne River.
- Cass County 14, closed — west of Horace is overtopped by water from the overflowing Sheyenne.
- Cass County 8, closed — west of the Sheyenne Diversion is under water and closed.
- Cass County 20, south of Harwood, water is starting to run onto the road but will remain open to local traffic only. Please avoid the area if you do not need access.
- Cass County 17, intersection of 17 and 20, water is approaching and trickling onto the road, but will remain open to local traffic only. Please avoid the area if you do not need access.