ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Officials: Electrical issue caused Dilworth house fire

Man suffers smoke inhalation

Fire Report FSA

DILWORTH — A fire that destroyed a one-story Dilworth home and sent a man to the hospital started because of an electrical problem, a Minnesota Fire Marshal investigation found.

About 7:30 a.m. Thursday, March 11, crews responded to a report of a house fire at 801 Seventh St. NE. Clay County Sheriff Mark Empting, who is also the Dilworth fire chief, said a man who suffered smoke inhalation was doing OK and was out of the home when firefighters arrived on the scene.

The man was the only person in the home, according to officials. He was transported by ambulance to a local hospital. The sheriff did not have an update on the man's condition Friday.

Empting said the fire was difficult to fight because the home was "packed" with a variety of items, making it difficult for firefighters to maneuver around in the home to put out hot spots.

He said the one-story home was a total loss.

What To Read Next
Get Local

ADVERTISEMENT